Well, this is it. The last market of our fourth season. We’re sad to say goodbye to all of our growers, bakers, farmers and crafters until next June, but we can at least send them off in style.
In what’s now become a tradition, we’ll have an old-fashioned, hand-cranked cider press for apples, pears and other seasonal tree fruit. Come down and give it a whirl! If you want to press a large batch for yourself, you can even bring or buy your own apples. And don’t forget to bring a container too.
The last KERNEL activity of the season is going to be “Wheel of KERNEL.” This is a fun spinning wheel just like you’d find on a kid’s board game. The wheel has 9 categories and a free spin. Each category will cover one of the great games and lessons from the KERNEL activities this season, like Buzz About Bees or hula hooping. It’s totally free and, as always, every participant will get $2 in KERNEL Cash for spending on fresh fruit and veggies once they’ve completed the activity.
BECU will be back one last time, too, with their giveaway booth to promote their new Spokane branches. Give them a friendly welcome and chances are you’ll leave with some nice BECU swag!
And for music, we’re welcoming back Jones & Jones, who’ve performed (by popular request) almost monthly at the market throughout the season. We think their upbeat folk tunes will be the perfect soundtrack to say farewell to another great season and greet autumn.
Here’s everyone who’s scheduled to be closing the season with us today:
- The Father’s Table: Neighborhood-grown produce.
- Song Sparrow Farms: Fresh, locally grown produce, including melons. Also does a CSA.
- The Farm Yard: Neighborhood-grown fruits and vegetables. Some craft items.
- Woodard Family Farms: A variety of locally grown produce.
- Riverfront Farm (Project Hope): Neighborhood-grown, scattered-site produce.
- Other vendors also sell homegrown produce alongside their primary goods.
Meat & Honey
- Sunny Springs Gardens: Berkshire pork sausages and ground pork.
- SnowBerry Ridge Farm: Raw honey and beeswax products.
- The Scone Ranger: Scones that are so good, so moist, so habit-forming.
- Sister Bees Kitchen: Handmade, gourmet granola and granola bars.
- Morning Sun Bakery: Cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, quiche, savory pies.
- Sandi’s Bakery: Fresh-baked pastries, cookies, muffins, breads and cupcakes.
- Black Fire Kettle Corn: Fresh-made delectable kettle corn.
- Simply Sweets: Baklava, soft brittles, truffles, mints and seasonal products.
- Mary Beauregard: Plastic canvas needlepoint.
- KC Creations: Original photography, greeting cards, beaded earrings and other beaded items.