Well, we’ve arrived at our second annual Craftwalk, and what a day it’s going to be.
First up, we’ve got music by Broken Whistle. Every time they play, it’s a party. Even if you have no interest in our vendors’ fresh produce or unique handmade crafts, you’ll want to come down and see the band perform.
Just in time for the autumnal weather, this week’s free KERNEL activity is all about leaves. In keeping with the spirit of Craftwalk, kids will have a chance to do some leaf tracing and create some art of their own. What’s more, every child who participates gets $2 in Fresh Bucks for spending on fresh fruit and produce.
Spokane Hope Christian Reformed Church—the congregation that shares a building with Knox Presbyterian—is back again this week with their authentic, freshly prepared Korean food. There’s sushi, potstickers, gimbap, bulgogi, and lots more to eat at the market or take home.
And Bellwether Brewing Co. is joining us for the first time! They’re selling growlers of craft beer brewed right here in Emerson-Garfield – and you’ll be lucky enough to sample it before they’ve even opened their new building on North Monroe.
This is the lineup of all our regular vendors who have confirmed they’ll be attending today:
- Awesome Possum – Handmade all-natural lotion bars and lip balms
- Bellwether Brewing Co. – Locally brewed craft beers
- Common Crumb Bakery – A range of traditional breads and baked goods
- Courtney’s Crafts for Costa Rica – Handmade jewelry, scrapbooks and more
- The Farm Yard – Neighborhood-grown veggies, herbs and more
- The Father’s Table – Neighborhood-grown veggies, herbs and starts
- Food for All (aka Vinegar Flats) – Locally grown veggies and herbs
- KC Creations – Beaded lanyards, leashes, earrings, photos and custom cards
- Mama Torrez Salsas – Authentic salsas, pico de gallo and chips
- Mary Beauregard – Plastic canvas needlepoint
- Morning Sun Bakery – Cinnamon rolls, muffins, cakes
- Orange Thyme – Natural balms, soaps, perfume oils, body butters and more
- Petunia’s Marketplace – Flavored honey, candies, gourmet pasta and more
- Post Street Plants – Flowers, vegetable plants and off-the-vine produce
- Riverfront Farm – Locally grown vegetables from Project Hope Spokane
- R.P. Guerrero Farms – Organic fruit (cherries, peaches, nectarines, apples)
- Rufino Zisumbo – Chair massage
- The Scone Ranger – Sweet and savory scones
- Simply Sweets – Confectionery including baklava and brittles
- Song Sparrow Farms – Locally grown vegetables
- Vladimir Kuzmenko – Fruits and vegetables from the Yakima area
Petunia’s has a range of pasture-raised meat from Ramstead Ranch — just ask at their booth.
In addition to our usual craft booths listed above, here are all the artists and crafters who are scheduled to be joining us for our special Craftwalk event today:
- Ravenna Designs – Handcrafted jewelry from new and upcycled materials
- Koko and Lou – Hand-stamped metal and leather jewelry
- All About That Baby – Handmade baby items including bibs, pocket T-shirts, teethers, twaddlers, quilts and onesies
- The Hatching Hen – Silicone and wood beaded teething and nursing necklaces. Also suede braided pacifier clips
- The Coop – Homemade candles, bath salts, body scrubs, mugs and more
- Nathan O’Brien – Hand-drawn and -painted sketches and graphic art
- Lisa Waddle Art – Block prints and acrylic paintings
- Kaila Jones – Dish scrubbers, boot cuffs, reusable diaper wipes, coffee cozies, doll clothes, kids storage benches
- Kathy Roberg – Tote bags from recycled plastic
- Lexi Lou Jewels/Staggs & Staggs Sign Co. – Handmade jewelry and signs using upcycled, reclaimed and locally sourced materials
- Gwen’s Aprons and More – Adult and child aprons, doll clothes, tote bags, dog coats, bibs, Christmas items and much more
- Therapy Bracelets by Natalie – Handmade therapy magnet bracelets and custom necklaces and matching bracelets
- D&L’s Handmade Creations – Jewelry, accessories, crocheted items and dream datchers
- Perfectly Paris Boutique – Parisian-inspired necklaces and bracelets
- Carol’s Creations – Journals, Christmas ornaments, books
- made2give – Handmade gifts including aprons for women and children, bibs, baby pajamas, handbags, cards, fire starters and more
- LC Finds and Designs – Handmade door wreaths for holidays and special occasions plus handmade cards
- Meema’s Homegrown Creations – Microwave bowl holders and other handmade items
- Rebekah Mincks – Quirky and custom knitted hats
- Women’s Hearth – Various crafters with a range of handmade items
Craftwalk runs concurrently with the market, that is, 3-7pm. We hope to see you there!