Today we’re super excited to welcome children’s author Katherine Pryor back to the market to read from Zora’s Zucchini, her follow-up to last year’s Sylvia’s Spinach. How many more young veggie skeptics will she turn into die-hard devotees of fresh produce? Katherine will be doing several free readings throughout the duration of the market (3-7pm). School’s out today, so bring your little ones to this fun activity!
Copies of both books will be for sale, with paperback/hardcover prices ranging from $8 to 15. SNAP/EBT families will be able to get a free copy of the book (while supplies last) by showing their card. A big thanks to Catholic Charities Food for All, the Washington State Farmers Market Association and the Washington State Department of Health for providing the support necessary to bring Katherine back to our market.
Lau the classical pianist is returning, too, for his final market appearance of the season. He’ll be performing between Katherine’s readings.
Vladimir is scheduled to return from California this week, and he’ll be bringing persimmons with him. This is typically the only out-of-state produce we allow, but we do so because they’re novel, nutrient-rich, and very tasty in smoothies and jams. R.P. Guerrero will be back this week, too, and rumor has it that he’s bringing his authentic recipe, fresh-made salsa for sale.
Lots of our vendors have been bringing more and more pumpkins and squashes each week. Song Sparrow in particular has a great selection that’s very affordable.
And without further ado, here’s everyone who will be joining us today:
- Common Crumb Bakery – A range of traditional breads and baked goods
- Food for All (aka Vinegar Flats) – Locally grown veggies and herbs
- KC Creations – Beaded lanyards, leashes, earrings, photos and custom cards
- Morning Sun Bakery – Cinnamon rolls, muffins, cakes
- Rebekah Mincks – Unique hand-knitted hats
- Riverfront Farm – Locally grown vegetables from Project Hope Spokane
- R.P. Guerrero Farms – Organic fruit (pears, apples etc.) and fresh salsas
- The Scone Ranger – Sweet and savory scones
- Simply Sweets – Confectionery including baklava and brittles
- Song Sparrow Farms – Locally grown vegetables
- Vladimir Kuzmenko – Fruits and vegetables from the Yakima area
We look forward to seeing you at this second-to-last market of the season!