The Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market is moving! Starting this season (which begins on June 10, by the way), you can find us in the parking lot of the Adult Education Center located at 2310 North Monroe.
This is amazing news for a number of reasons:
- The market is now more visible and centrally located along North Monroe.
- The new location is right next to the stop for the #24 bus line and the only lighted crosswalk on North Monroe.
- We’ll have a perfect basis for collaboration with the Community Colleges of Spokane.
- There will be even more room for vendors, music, activities and parking.
- It’s only two blocks from the former site, so it remains just as accessible to our existing patrons.
The market day and times—that is, every Friday from 3-7pm—are unchanged.
The folks at the Adult Education Center and Community Colleges of Spokane who helped make this happen in incredibly short order deserve a huge thanks. We’re looking forward to working with them further.
We confess to leaving the parking lot of Knox Presbyterian with a heavy heart. They’ve been ideal hosts for the past three years — and they were unique in recognizing the mutually beneficial potential of our community-oriented farmers market from the very beginning. We still intend to honor their early involvement with waived vendor fees for Knox congregants. And we’re also working on ways to make sure that Korean food from Spokane Hope CRC, which shares the Knox building, is still available on select market dates.
In the meantime, please help spread the word by sharing this post far and wide! We worked our tails off for years to encourage people to seek out the market in the Knox lot, and now we’ve got to make sure all our loyal patrons are ready to move with us.