Today’s free KERNEL kids activity is our last of the season. We’re sad to see it end. Well over 400 kids have taken part in these fun educational games and crafts since this pilot program started 11 weeks ago. This week kids will get the chance to make their own instrument — and perform as part of the KERNEL band! As a matter of fact, they’re going to be our musical entertainment this week.
Many thanks to all our program sponsors (Domaci Property Management, Orange Thyme, Garden UP, ThunderBolt Services, Perennial Property Maintenance) and Catholic Charities for making KERNEL a reality!
Harvest season might be winding down, too, but there’s still lots on offer. Seasonal squash of all types and pumpkins are out in full force. It’s also the start of apple season, and you can find some great early varieties at our fruit vendors’ booths. There are lots of potatoes and plums to be had as well.
Today’s market is smaller than usual (Mama Torrez Salsas, Petunia’s Marketplace and The Scone Ranger all had unanticipated conflicts), but Bellwether Brewing Co. is back with free samples for adults 21+ and growlers of their neighborhood-brewed craft beers. As you can imagine, their booth was awfully popular during Craftwalk last week.
Here are the vendors who are scheduled to be with us today:
- Awesome Possum – Handmade all-natural lotion bars and lip balms
- Bellwether Brewing Co. – Locally brewed craft beers
- Common Crumb Bakery – A range of traditional breads and baked goods
- Country Buddies – Jams, salsas and more
- The Farm Yard – Neighborhood-grown veggies, herbs and more
- Food for All (aka Vinegar Flats) – Locally grown veggies and herbs
- KC Creations – Beaded lanyards, leashes, earrings, photos and custom cards
- Mary Beauregard – Plastic canvas needlepoint
- Morning Sun Bakery – Cinnamon rolls, muffins, cakes
- Orange Thyme – Natural balms, soaps, perfume oils, body butters and more
- Riverfront Farm – Locally grown vegetables from Project Hope Spokane
- R.P. Guerrero Farms – Organic fruit (cherries, peaches, nectarines, apples)
- Rufino Zisumbo – Chair massage
- Simply Sweets – Confectionery including baklava and brittles
- Song Sparrow Farms – Locally grown vegetables
- Vladimir Kuzmenko – Fruits and vegetables from the Yakima area
We look forward to seeing you at market!