The vendors at the Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market offer products that include organic, locally grown fruits and vegetables, breads and pastries (including gluten-free), farm-fresh eggs, artisanal soaps, raw and flavored honey, flowers and plant starts, crafts, pickles and preserves, pasture-raised meats, plus lots more.
Our 2024 season fees are once again unchanged from 2023 and reward vendor loyalty and reliability.
The full-season rate is $250 up front, but vendors who attend at least 90% of the markets (15 out of 17) will be refunded $100 at the end of the season, making the booth fee just $9 per market.
There is an even larger discount for full-season vendors who apply and pay in full before April 30, 2024. They will be refunded $125 for 90% attendance at the end of the season, making the booth fee just $7 per market.
The per diem rate is $20 per booth. At the market manager’s discretion, discounts can be made on an individual basis for per diem vendors who sign up for multiple (i.e., part- or half-season) dates.
All interested vendors are encouraged to download and submit an application for the current season. Or you can use our easy online application form. We want to ensure maximum variety for our patrons — and by keeping our fees low, we love helping new vendors gain a foothold in the local market circuit.
Farmers markets should be for everyone — that’s why the Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market places special emphasis on food access.
We offer several incentive programs to allow patrons of all income levels to enjoy our vendors’ healthy, locally grown food.
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) – These are WIC credits that give the bearer a cash discount on produce from authorized vendors. In addition, seniors can use their checks for honey.
- SNAP Market Match – This is a match bonus for a certain amount that is put on the customer’s EBT card. So, for example, charging $40 to your EBT card could give you as much as $80 to spend on eligible items. It’s an excellent way to make your money go further, especially at the end of the month.
If you use SNAP/EBT:
– Go to a participating market’s information booth and tell them you’d like SNAP Market Match.
– Swipe your EBT card for the amount you want to spend.
– You’ll receive that amount in EBT tokens and the same amount in SNAP Market Match dollars.