If the dark skies made you nervous at the start of last week’s season opener, today’s weather should present no such concerns. We’re looking at sun with a few puffs of clouds and temps in the mid-70s – perfect market weather, in our opinion.
Today’s free KERNEL kids activity is called “My Plate, Investigate!” Participants will get to measure out colored beans representing different food groups to see what a nutritional meal should look like.
As always, every youth who takes part will get $2 in KERNEL Cash to spend on fruit and veg to create their own healthy meal.
We’ve also got a great composting demo organized and hosted by local Master Composters (yep, that’s a thing). They’ll show you how to compost properly to create super soil out of organic household food waste, water and yard clippings. There’s an art to making this homebrewed Miracle-Gro, and your backyard veggies will benefit from it.
And our musician this week is Mike Rose.
Here are all the vendors who are scheduled to join us today, including a few new ones:
- Song Sparrow Farms: Fresh, locally grown produce, including melons. Also does a CSA.
- The Farm Yard: Neighborhood-grown fruits and vegetables. Some craft items.
- Drumheller Heritage Gardens: Neighborhood-grown produce, eggs (quail, chicken). Also info on EF Exchange.
- R.P. Guerrero: Organic tree fruit from the Wenatchee area.
- Vladimir Kuzmenko: A wide variety of co-op produce from across Washington State.
- Riverfront Farm (Project Hope): Neighborhood-grown, scattered-site produce.
- Other vendors also sell homegrown produce alongside their primary goods.
Meat & Honey
- Sunny Springs Gardens: Berkshire pork sausages and ground pork, plus eggs.
- SnowBerry Ridge Farm: Raw honey and beeswax products.
- Made with Love: Start-up bakery with fruit pies, artisan bread and more.
- Sister Bees Kitchen: Handmade, gourmet granola and granola bars.
- The Scone Ranger: Scones that are so good, so moist, so habit-forming.
- Simply Sweets: Baklava, soft brittles, truffles, mints and seasonal products
- Sandi’s Bakery: Fresh-baked pastries, cookies, scones, muffins, breads and cupcakes.
- Morning Sun Bakery: Cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, quiche, savory pies.
- A Simplified Event: Homemade specialty pies, breads, cakes, cottage-style pasties.
- Mama Torrez Salsa: Original family salsa recipes from Mexico and flour tortilla chips
- Delmar’s Roasted Nuts: German-style roasted nuts with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
- Seely Teriyaki: BBQ teriyaki chicken, stir-fried noodles and rice.
- Black Fire Kettle Corn: Fresh-made delectable kettle corn.
- Heeling Hands Massage Therapy: Licensed chair massage and whole-body wellness.
- Soap Simply: Handcrafted olive oil soap.
- Sailor Girl Soap & Supplies: Face, bath and body products handmade with natural and organic ingredients.
- Mary Beauregard: Plastic canvas needlepoint.
- KC Creations: Original photography, greeting cards, beaded earrings and other beaded items.
- Urban Settlements: Spokane-based real-estate opportunities and guidance.
- KiYoTees: Recycled jean bags and tie-dyes.
- Boisjolie Bracelets: Barefoot sandals, a variety of bracelets, dog blankets and more.
And, all being well, Bulldawgs will set up their stand with signature sausages to eat on the go.
We look forward to seeing you there!