As a valuable food resource for our neighborhood and the wider community, the Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market is designated as an essential business.
We’re pleased to bring you an opportunity to shop for groceries in an open-air environment and support local businesses—including farmers from our region! Shopping at a farmers market helps sustain our local economy. It also means fewer people will be in contact with your food.
Amid a time of uncertainty, we’re proud to be able to continue offering our market in the same place (2310 N Monroe) at the same time (Fridays, 3 to 7pm) and for a full 17-week season (June 5 to September 25, 2020).
We will be accepting cash, cards, EBT and WIC/Senior Checks this year (no personal checks, please). Our EBT Snap Market Match is a 100% match rate this year, which is up 80% from last year’s program. That means EBT customers will double their spending money when they shop at the market!
? Changes to Market Activities ?
- We love your pets, but this season we are asking you to keep them home. We will miss them dearly and are looking forward to 2021 when they can join us again. Service animals are always welcome. ?
- We are postponing all our “non-essential” arts and crafts vendors until further notice. The usual number of farms, bakeries and prepared food vendors will be joining us and look forward to seeing you this season.
- We will be eliminating public tables, benches and other public seating areas.
- We are canceling all extracurricular activities such as onsite kids activities (KERNEL), story time, live music and special events.
- We are discontinuing sampling, eliminating all common condiments and requiring all ready-to-eat food to be consumed offsite.
☀️ Our COVID-19 Safety Plan ☀️
You will probably notice some similarities in our plan that mirror other guidelines being used by markets in our region. As a proud member of the Inland Northwest Farmers Market Association, we stand proud in prioritizing the safety of our patrons and vendors.
- We will have ONE designated entrance (at our the market info booth) and ONE designated exit for the market.
- Hand-washing stations will be at the entrance & exit of market.
- Booths will be spaced at least 10 feet apart from each other.
- Markings will be made on the ground to suggest 6-foot distance to comply with physical distancing.
- We will be posting signage for customers with recommendations for market behavior.
- We will be posting signage for customers to find products and vendors at the market.
- To minimize handling, we are requiring vendors (not the customer) to choose and package products.
- Sick shoppers, vendors and market volunteers will be sent home and prohibited from the market.
? How You Can Help Us Be Successful ?
- Share this post.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask to the market.
- Use the hand-washing stations.
- Come with a grocery list to shop.
- Limit how many people from your household visit (ideally 1 or 2).
- Offer to shop for your friends and neighbors.
- Let vendors pick and package your groceries.
- Do not eat at the market. Consume food offsite.
- Wash items when you get home.
- Share photos of what you got from the market. Tag us and the vendor on social media (Facebook & Instagram).
- Leave positive and constructive Google and Facebook reviews.
THANK YOU for supporting LOCAL! With love from your 100% volunteer Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market!! ??????