After last week’s market got hit with a sudden torrential downpour that flooded some areas of the parking lot, it looks like the weather will be overcompensating today by giving us plenty of sun. And we do mean plenty.
But it’s worth ignoring the thermometer. Because, among many other delicious items, we’ve got peaches. Huge, juicy, flavorful organic peaches. Picked this very morning at R.P. Guerrero‘s orchards and brought directly to market.
And there will be ample shade under the KERNEL canopy, where today’s free activity is about one of our favorite activities – biking! Kids, bring your bikes and decorate them using our provided supplies. Our KERNEL volunteers will also be giving demonstrations on how to properly wear a helmet and make hand signals while cycling. As always, kids will receive $2 in KERNEL Cash to spend at the market on fresh fruit (peaches, perhaps?) and veggies with the completion of the activity.
Plus Todd Milne is rejoining us as our musician today. You’ll remember him from our season opener back in June, where his electro-acoustic world fusion music went down a treat.
Here are all the vendors who are scheduled to join us today:
- Song Sparrow Farms: Fresh, locally grown produce, including melons. Also does a CSA.
- The Farm Yard: Neighborhood-grown fruits and vegetables. Some craft items.
- Drumheller Heritage Gardens: Neighborhood-grown produce, eggs (quail, chicken). Also info on EF Exchange.
- R.P. Guerrero: Organic tree fruit from the Wenatchee area.
- Vladimir Kuzmenko: A wide variety of co-op produce from across Washington State.
- Riverfront Farm (Project Hope): Neighborhood-grown, scattered-site produce.
- The Father’s Table: Neighborhood-grown produce.
- Berry Basics: A wide variety of local produce with an emphasis on berries.
- Other vendors also sell homegrown produce alongside their primary goods.
Meat & Honey
- Sunny Springs Gardens: Berkshire pork sausages and ground pork, plus eggs.
- SnowBerry Ridge Farm: Raw honey and beeswax products.
- Browning Beef: All-natural, grass-fed beef.
- Made with Love: Start-up bakery with made-from-scratch fruit pies, artisan bread and more.
- Simply Sweets: Baklava, soft brittles, truffles, mints and seasonal products
- Sandi’s Bakery: Fresh-baked pastries, cookies, scones, muffins, breads and cupcakes.
- Morning Sun Bakery: Cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, quiche, savory pies.
- Delmar’s Roasted Nuts: German-style roasted nuts with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
- Seely Teriyaki: BBQ teriyaki chicken, stir-fried noodles and rice.
- Black Fire Kettle Corn: Fresh-made delectable kettle corn.
- Eco-wise: Perennials and landscaping plants.
- Heeling Hands Massage Therapy: Licensed chair massage and whole-body wellness.
- Soap Simply: Handcrafted olive oil soap.
- Sailor Girl Soap & Supplies: Face, bath and body products handmade with natural and organic ingredients.
- Mary Beauregard: Plastic canvas needlepoint.
- Urban Settlements: Spokane-based real-estate opportunities and guidance.
- Boisjolie Bracelets: Handmade unique bracelets and other jewelry.
You can show your love on Facebook by RSVP’ing to this week’s market at its event page.
We look forward to seeing you there!