Nothing like crisp 45° mornings to let you know that autumn is on its way! Our market is just four short Fridays away from the end of its season, which means now’s the time to take advantage of all the local fruit and veg that our vendors are harvesting and making available at some pretty amazing prices.
As the weather cools, baked goods are looking awfully tempting too. Morning Sun Bakery, Sandi’s, The Scone Ranger and Made With Love Bakery have classic pies, scones, breads, quiches, rolls, cookes, biscuits and lots more. And Sister Bees Kitchen has an assortment of lovingly baked granola in mouth-watering flavors like Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip every week.
Today the free KERNEL activity is personalized potato heads. This is a great after-school stop where kids of all ages can build their own spud-based character while you shop. Every child who completes the activity will get $2 in KERNEL Cash for spending on fresh fruit and veggies. Why not some potatoes?
Seely Teriyaki will be heading a few blocks south to join the Chinese Lantern Festival after today’s market, so be sure to grab some of their delicious Asian dishes before they’re gone. You get a huge helping of delicious food for $6 (vegetarian) or $8 (with chicken).
Todd Milne of MilneSounds is back today for a musical hat trick. If you come away from the market feeling incredibly relaxed, it will probably be down to his almost transendental Eastern-inspired jams.
Here are all the vendors who are currently scheduled to join us today:
- Catholic Charities Food for All: Local, community-farmed produce.
- Song Sparrow Farms: Fresh, locally grown produce, including melons. Also does a CSA.
- The Farm Yard: Neighborhood-grown fruits and vegetables. Some craft items.
- Woodard Family Farms: A variety of locally grown produce.
- Vladimir Kuzmenko: A wide variety of co-op produce from across Washington State.
- Riverfront Farm (Project Hope): Neighborhood-grown, scattered-site produce.
- The Father’s Table: Neighborhood-grown produce.
- Where the Wild Things Grow: Wild-harvested fruit.
- Other vendors also sell homegrown produce alongside their primary goods.
Meat & Honey
- Sunny Springs Gardens: Berkshire pork sausages and ground pork.
- SnowBerry Ridge Farm: Raw honey and beeswax products.
- Sandi’s Bakery: Fresh-baked pastries, cookies, muffins, breads and cupcakes.
- The Scone Ranger: Scones that are so good, so moist, so habit-forming.
- Sister Bees Kitchen: Handmade, gourmet granola and granola bars.
- Morning Sun Bakery: Cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, quiche, savory pies.
- Made with Love: Startup bakery with made-from-scratch fruit pies, bars and more.
- Black Fire Kettle Corn: Fresh-made delectable kettle corn.
- Seely Teriyaki: BBQ teriyaki chicken, stir-fried noodles and rice.
- D’s Roasted Nuts: German-style roasted nuts with cinnamon and sugar.
- Soap Simply: Handcrafted olive oil soap.
- Mary Beauregard: Plastic canvas needlepoint.
- KC Creations: Original photography, greeting cards, beaded earrings and other beaded items.
Feel free to RSVP to this week’s market at its event page on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you there!